Ed Source, a website devoted to California education, surveyed the College and Career Pathways Act and found a number of high school-community college partnerships that allow high school students to simultaneously earn high school and college credits. Experimentally, some community colleges are also offering four-year baccalaureate programs and some state universities are granting a few doctorates. But there also have been setbacks. The Legislatures budget analyst, Mac Taylor, recently opined that a pilot program allowing five state universities to offer doctorates in nursing should expire because theres no longer a shortage of nurses, and the program didnt generate anticipated nursing faculty. Two bills in the current legislative session are aimed at expanding higher education flexibility, but both have stalled. Assembly Bill 405, introduced by Assemblywoman Jacqui Irwin, D-Thousand Oaks, would allow some community colleges to award four-degrees in cybersecurity. Assembly Bill 207 , carried by Assemblyman (and physician) Joaquin Arambula, D-Fresno, would authorize Fresno State University to create a medical school. Californias higher education master plan should not be engraved in stone. It made sense when it was enacted but doesnt make much sense more than a half-century later.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.fresnobee.com/news/politics-government/article146063084.html
You may also be interested to read
- Let's Examine Four Job Options For And Schools Will Help You To Apply For Financial Aid, Govt.
- Helpful Employment Tips: Find Your Next Job
- Helpful Advice When You Are Searching For A Job
- Good Finance Tips You Should Practice At Your Job
- May 6, Volunteers Including Parents, Students And Community Members Will Install 80 Raised Beds At Chaney And East High Schools; Harding, Martin Luther King, Paul C.